December 16, 2011

I am obsessed with...Pan Am!

ETA: Fixed petition link!














Oh my gosh I am so obsessed with this show! Obviously I had to post about it. I've re-watched every episode already and I can't wait until January 8 for more. I'm disappointed that ABC won't pick it up for a full season because of low ratings though. They're only going to produce a total of 14 episodes...which IS NOT ENOUGH! With that being said, if you're a fan then please sign this petition that's circulating the internet! I hope it comes back for a second season because there's room for much more drama and better storylines, given the social injustices and issues in that era.


My favourite storyline is obviously the budding romance between Colette and Dean. It's pretty much a whirlwind romance but I'd like to see it develop a bit more slowly. I mean, they shared one kiss and all of a sudden he's bringing her to meet his parents and they sleep together? Wut? That's real fast. In the promo for the next episode, we see Dean obviously doing a Ginny and going back and forth with Bridget (also, why is she back? Shouldn't she be in Missouri?). Hmmmm.


I also wouldn't mind seeing something between Richard and Kate because they would make a cute couple, don't you think??? He's stubborn and sly while Kate's feisty and sensitive, and given their obvious secrecy, it'd make good ratings. Their chemistry would be so firey! lol. What I don't like is the obvious crush Laura has on Ted now - it's like the writers pulled it out of thin air and decided to roll with it. It's not very natural so much as manufactured... but that's not going to stop me from watching haha.


Despite the show being described as a glossy soap, it's very entertaining and funny, and who doesn't love the '60s era? (excluding the obvious social injustices). Sure a lot of things could be improved with this show but I guess it's what keeps the viewers coming back for more. I only wish that the drama took on a more natural curve but who knows. If it comes back for a second season it could be improved. For now, I highly anticipate the next episode; I really want to know what happens in the love triangle with Dean, Colette and Bridget!

No comments: